what is it?
The Ballmer Peak-a-thon is what would result if a meetup collided with a hackathon. It's a 5 hour open bar hacking party for rediculousness.You won't build a business, you might need a lift home, and you just might find the Ballmer PeakFull bar, bartender, and food provided.How does it work? Simple:
- 1. Pick a domain name from our list.
- 2. Hack anything... as long as it fits your domain.
- 3. Show it off.
as featured on techcrunch
so you have some questions...
- HardwareBYOL - Bring your own laptop... Unless you want to code on a whiteboard or something.
- WorkflowFive hours isn't a lot of time. Don't spend it installing gems, tracking down SDK's, or fighting with MongoDB - come prepared!
- Ballmer PEAK, not Ballmer GUTTEROur goal is to drink and code, not blackout and vom. Know your limits and everyone will have a good time. Ignore your limits and you may find more-than-embarassing photos on reddit the next day.
- TransportationWe'll have fun at the event, but be sober before you go anywhere. Even better, have a friend pick you up or get a taxi.